The temperatures are rising fast here in the valley and many of us are in search of water-especially if you have kiddos. There are lots of great ways to cool down in the desert heat, and this list of Splash Pads, Water Parks & Public Pools will help you find something cool to do near you.
We have two water parks here in Vegas, both are super great options for cooling down. They aren’t on the cheap side, but purchasing a season pass or going on discount days will save you money if your kids love it.
Cowabunga Bay– 900 W. Galleria Drive, Henderson
This great water park located in Henderson features Water Slides, a Kids Cove (featuring free life jackets), a lazy river and a wave pool. Tickets range from $12-$40, children under 2 are free, and they do offer discount days as well, including deals for locals. Summer Nights are only $19.99 offered the last 3 hours the park is open. Single season passes begin at $89, and family passes for pack of 4 begins at $360. You can see all season pass options here. The park is currently open 11am-5pm on weekends, as well as 5pm-9pm every Friday night. Check this calendar for exact hours, but the parks normal hours 11am-7pm begin May 24th.
Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park- 7055 S. Fort Apache Road Las Vegas
This water park feature water slides, a lazy river, Paradise Falls for kids and a Kiddie Cove for the youngest visitors. Park hours vary due to different events, and can be found here. The park is currently open on weekends only 11am-5pm. The park will open at 10:30am beginning May 25th and close at 8pm most days, and 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Season pass info can be found here. Single day tickets range from $10-$35 when you buy online, and children 2 and under are free. Check out their events calendar for DJ Summer Sessions, Dive-in movies, Children’s Storytime and family foam parties.
Splash Pads in Henderson– Available 9am-8pm May 1st- September 30th, and are completely Free. Most of the city’s splash pads are open for these dates.
- Acacia Park
- Amador Vista Park
- Aventura Park
- Capriola Park
- Esselmont Park
- Hayley Hendricks Park
- Henderson Events Plaza
- Heritage Park and Bark Park*
- Hidden Falls Park
- Madeira Canyon Park
- Mission Hills Park
- Paseo Vista Park
- Reunion Trails Park
- Saguaro Park
- Wells Park
- Weston Hills Park
* The splash pad located at the Bark Park at Heritage Park is for dogs only (NO humans) and is available 7am to 8pm daily. All park rules apply. Hours and availability is subject to change without notice.
Clark Couty parks with splash pads
Alexander Villas Park, 3620 Lincoln Road
• Charlie Frias Park, 5250 W. Tropicana Ave.
• Duck Creek Park, 8650 Pollock Drive
• Exploration Peak Park, 9600 S. Buffalo Drive
• Goodsprings Park, 385 W. San Pedro Ave., Goodsprings
• Indian Springs Park, 715 W. Gretta Lane, Indian Springs
• Joe Shoong Park, 1503 Wesley St.
• Maslow Park, 4900 Lana Drive
• Molasky Family Park, 1065 E. Twain Ave.
• Mountain Crest Park, 4701 N. Durango Drive
• Mountain View Park, 2610 Needles Highway, Laughlin
• Paul Meyer Park, 4525 New Forest Drive
• Pebble Park, 8975 S. Topaz St.
• Pyramid Canyon Day Use Area, 157 E. Davis Dam Road, Laughlin
• Red Ridge Park, 7027 S. El Capitan Way
• Ridgebrook, 3600 Ridgehollow Drive
• Ron Lewis, 1255 Patriots Way, Moapa
• Searchlight Town Park, 255 S. Nevada St., Searchlight
• Somerset Hills Park, 10717 Valencia Hills St.
• Spring Valley Community Park, 10717 Valencia Hills St.
• Sunset Park, 2601 E. Sunset Road
• Thomas Dudley Leavitt Sr. Memorial Park, 150 W. Virgin St., Bunkerville
• Winchester Park, 3130 McLeod Drive
Hours may vary, please use the link above to check the park near you.
Las Vegas Parks featuring splash pads
• All-American Park, 1551 S. Buffalo Drive
• Angel Park, 241 S. Durango Drive
• Bob Baskin Park, 2801 Oakey Boulevard
• Bruce Trent Park, 8851 Vegas Drive
• Douglas A. Selby Park, 1293 N. Sandhill Road
• Estelle Neal, 6075 Rebecca Road
• Gilcrease Brothers, 10011 Gilcrease Ave.
• Justice Myron E. Leavitt and Jaycee Community Park, 2100 E. St. Louis Ave.
• Lorenzi Park, 3333 W. Washington Ave.
• Patriot Community Park, 4050 Thom Blvd.
• Polly Gonzalez Memorial Park, 5425 Corbett St.
• Rainbow Family Park, 7151 W. Oakey Blvd.
• Raptor Play Park in Thunderbird Family Sports Complex, 6105 N. Durango Drive
• Rotary Park, 901 Hinson St.
• Sunny Springs Park, 7620 Golden Talon Ave.
• Stupak Park, 300 W. Boston Ave.
• Teton Trails, 7850 N. Bradley Ave.
• West Charleston Lions/Essex Park, 600 Essex Drive
• Winding Trails Park, 7250 N. Fort Apache Road
• Woofter Family Park, 1600 Rock Springs Drive
The Splash Pad at Town Square is a fun place to take the kiddos this summer, but is currently under construcion.
The Splash Pad at the District at GVR is a fun place for the kiddos to run as well.
Here’s a list of local public pools, most are scheduled to open Memorial Day Weekend, May 25th. Admission is typically $1-$2.
- Cambridge Water Park – 3930 Cambridge St.
- Desert Breeze Water Park – 8275 Spring Mountain Rd.
- Hollywood Aquatic Center – 1550 S. Hollywood Blvd.
- Paradise Water Park – 4770 Harrison Dr.
- Parkdale Water Park – 3200 Ferndale St.
- Walnut Water Park – 3085 Cecile Ave.
- Whitney Neighborhood Pool- 5712 E. Missouri
I hope you have found this post useful, and can find a spot near you to cool down this summer. Please add any splash pads or pools we have missed in the comments below, and sign up to receive emails with the latest deals around town. Check out these other posts for fun things to do across the valley: