The temperatures are rising fast (and early!) here in the valley and many of us are in search of water and outdoor fun-especially if you have kiddos. There are lots of great ways to cool down in the desert heat, and this list of Splash Pads, Water Parks & Public Pools will help you find something cool to do near you.
We have two water parks here in Las Vegas, both are super great options for cooling down. They aren’t on the cheap side, but purchasing a season pass or going on discount days will save you money if your kids love it.
Now open weekends through May 26. See all hours at the link.
This great water park located in Henderson features Water Slides, a Kids Cove (featuring free life jackets), a lazy river and a wave pool. Tickets range from $30-$42, children under 2 are free, and they offer discounts for Seniors and Military and discount days as well. Summer Nights are only $21.95 offered the last 3 hours the park is open. Single season passes begin at $89, and family passes for pack of 4 begins at $384. You can see all season pass options here. Check this calendar for dates they are open and exact hours, but the parks normal hours 11am-7pm begin May 29th. Cowabunga Bay is located at 900 W. Galleria Drive in Henderson.
Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park
Now closed until Summer 2021!
They will be making necessary changes, which will include:
- Face masks & gloves will be worn by all applicable employees.
- Attendance capacity reduced to 50% to encourage social distancing.
- Temperature checks for all guests and employees upon entry
Please see here for the full park update.
*Due to the government mandated non-essential business closures delaying the 2020 season opening, guests who have purchased a Season Pass will receive a bonus of 4 single day tickets valued at $159.96 valid for the 2020 season. This may provide families with the opportunity for friends to join you in some much needed outdoor recreation with us when we open.
This water park feature water slides, a lazy river, Paradise Falls for kids and a Kiddie Cove for the youngest visitors. Park hours vary due to different events, and can be found here. The park is usually open on weekends only 11am-5pm. Season pass info can be found here. Single day tickets range from $10-$35 when you buy online, and children 2 and under are free. Check out their events calendar for DJ Summer Sessions, Dive-in movies, Children’s Storytime and family foam parties. Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park is located at 7055 S. Fort Apache Road in SW Las Vegas.
Splash Pads are open now- May 1!
Splash Pads in Henderson– Available 9am-8pm through October 31ar, and are completely Free. Most of the city’s splash pads are open for these dates.
- Acacia Park
- Amador Vista Park
- Aventura Park
- Capriola Park
- Esselmont Park
- Hayley Hendricks Park
- Henderson Events Plaza
- Heritage Park and Bark Park*
- Hidden Falls Park
- Madeira Canyon Park
- Mission Hills Park
- Paseo Vista Park
- Reunion Trails Park
- Saguaro Park
- Wells Park
- Weston Hills Park
* The splash pad located at the Bark Park at Heritage Park is for dogs only (NO humans) and is available 7am to 8pm daily. All park rules apply. Hours and availability is subject to change without notice.
Clark County parks with splash pads
Alexander Villas Park, 3620 Lincoln Road
• Charlie Frias Park, 5250 W. Tropicana Ave.
• Duck Creek Park, 8650 Pollock Drive
• Exploration Peak Park, 9600 S. Buffalo Drive
• Goodsprings Park, 385 W. San Pedro Ave., Goodsprings
• Indian Springs Park, 715 W. Gretta Lane, Indian Springs
• Joe Shoong Park, 1503 Wesley St.
• Maslow Park, 4900 Lana Drive
• Molasky Family Park, 1065 E. Twain Ave.
• Mountain Crest Park, 4701 N. Durango Drive
• Mountain View Park, 2610 Needles Highway, Laughlin
• Paul Meyer Park, 4525 New Forest Drive
• Pebble Park, 8975 S. Topaz St.
• Pyramid Canyon Day Use Area, 157 E. Davis Dam Road, Laughlin
• Red Ridge Park, 7027 S. El Capitan Way
• Ridgebrook, 3600 Ridgehollow Drive
• Ron Lewis, 1255 Patriots Way, Moapa
• Searchlight Town Park, 255 S. Nevada St., Searchlight
• Somerset Hills Park, 10717 Valencia Hills St.
• Spring Valley Community Park, 10717 Valencia Hills St.
• Sunset Park, 2601 E. Sunset Road
• Thomas Dudley Leavitt Sr. Memorial Park, 150 W. Virgin St., Bunkerville
• Winchester Park, 3130 McLeod Drive
Hours may vary, please use the link above to check the park near you.
Las Vegas Parks featuring splash pads
• All-American Park, 1551 S. Buffalo Drive
• Angel Park, 241 S. Durango Drive
• Bob Baskin Park, 2801 Oakey Boulevard
• Bruce Trent Park, 8851 Vegas Drive
• Douglas A. Selby Park, 1293 N. Sandhill Road
• Estelle Neal, 6075 Rebecca Road
• Gilcrease Brothers, 10011 Gilcrease Ave.
• Justice Myron E. Leavitt and Jaycee Community Park, 2100 E. St. Louis Ave.
• Lorenzi Park, 3333 W. Washington Ave.
• Patriot Community Park, 4050 Thom Blvd.
• Polly Gonzalez Memorial Park, 5425 Corbett St.
• Rainbow Family Park, 7151 W. Oakey Blvd.
• Raptor Play Park in Thunderbird Family Sports Complex, 6105 N. Durango Drive
• Rotary Park, 901 Hinson St.
• Sunny Springs Park, 7620 Golden Talon Ave.
• Stupak Park, 300 W. Boston Ave.
• Teton Trails, 7850 N. Bradley Ave.
• West Charleston Lions/Essex Park, 600 Essex Drive
• Winding Trails Park, 7250 N. Fort Apache Road
• Woofter Family Park, 1600 Rock Springs Drive
Town Square- Children’s Park
Town Square Las Vegas is now Open, while continuing to practice Social Distancing- masks are required. Please check the website directory for individual store and restaurant re-opening information. The Children’s Park in Town Square is now open daily. Per guidelines, they are only allowing 50% capacity at any time. The splash park is open the same hours as the park.
The District at GVR
The Splash Pad at the District at GVR is a fun place for the kiddos to run as well, and will open soon!
Here’s a list of local public pools. Admission is typically $1-$2, but may be higher. Locker rooms may be closed; all guests should arrive in appropriate swimming attire. Prior to being admitted into the facilities, temperatures of guests will be checked.
Clark County Pools: Clark County facilities and programs are closed/canceled until further notice.
- Aquatic Springs Indoor Pool- 7025 South Fort Apache Road
- Desert Breeze Aquatic Center – 8275 Spring Mountain Rd.
- Desert Breeze Aquatic Facility – 8275 Spring Mountain Rd.
- Cambridge Water Park – 3930 Cambridge St.
- Desert Breeze Water Park – 8275 Spring Mountain Rd.
- Hollywood Aquatic Center – 1550 S. Hollywood Blvd.
- Paradise Water Park – 4770 Harrison Dr.
- Parkdale Water Park – 3200 Ferndale St.
- Walnut Water Park – 3085 Cecile Ave.
- Whitney Neighborhood Pool- 5712 E. Missouri
- Pavilion Center Pool- 101 S. Pavilion Center Dr. (open)
- Baker Pool- 1020 E. St. Louis Ave. (still closed)
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Freedom Park, 899 N. Pecos Road
- Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road
At this time, lane reservations and lap swim are only available at Pavilion Center Pool; those interested can call 702.229.1488 to make reservations.
City of Henderson pools:
- Henderson Multigen Outdoor Competition Pool
- Henderson Mulitgen Indoor Pool
- Heritage Park Aquatic Complex
- Whitney Ranch Indoor Pool
- Black Mountain Aquatic Complex
- BMI Outdoor Pool
- Henderson Mulitgen Activity Pool
- Silver Springs Outdoor Pool
- Wells Outdoor Pool
- Whitney Ranch Activity Pool
I hope you have found this post useful, and can find a spot near you to cool down this summer. Please add any splash pads or pools we have missed in the comments below.
Stay tuned for any updates regarding events and promotions around the city now that we are open. We make every effort to make sure everything on Vegas Living on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
Don’t forget to subscribe with your email to receive more of Vegas Living on the Cheap and stay up to date on all the deals and steals. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Check out these other posts for fun things to do across the valley: