Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and MAKEbreak events that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids.
Kids Club crafts classes are offered on most Saturdays, from 10am-noon. The cost is $3 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Some classes are suited for ages 6+ and the cost is $5. Please check event details for pricing and age restrictions. You can also heck to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Michaels on Arroyo Crossing at Rainbow and the 215, the full calendar is here. Please check your local store for store-specific schedule.
Kids Club Crafts
- February 15- Clay Pot Critters
- February 22- Model Magic Bugs
- February 29- Mixed Media Canvas
MAKEbreak Events may require purchase of supplies, and prices vary with each project. These classes are Saturday, from 1pm-3pm. Check different locations as some stores have no events, but a neighboring store might have them scheduled. These are current MAKEbreak classes at 537 Stephanie St. in Henderson.
- February 15- Dip Dyed Tassles (yarn purchase necessary)
- February 22- Clothespin Fairies- FREE
- February 29- Floral Hoop Wreath (hoop base purchase necessary)
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids? Check out our Kids Category for lots of fun happening around town. You can get daily email updates of all the free and cheap events around town, plus deals and discounts on entertainment and dining, by subscribing to our daily newsletter. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. (Photo courtesy Michaels.com)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- 10 Best Free and Cheap Things to do with Kids in Las Vegas
- Seaquest Interactive Aquarium Savings