Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and Family Craft Time that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids. Check to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required. The cost is $2 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Kids Club classes run from 10 a.m. – noon, please check event details for pricing and age restrictions. Michaels is also offering Spring MAKEcamp, where they offer a fun, new project every day during spring break.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Michaels on Eastern and Silverado Ranch. Please check your local store for store-specific schedule.
- March 3: Kids Club® Paper Flowers
- March 10: Kids Club® Foam Easter Eggs
- March 17: Kids Club® Easter Characters
- March 24: Kids Club® Yarn Chicks
- March 31: Kids Club® Easter Treat Bags
MAKEbreak Events may require purchase of supplies, and prices vary with each project.
- March 3: MAKEbreak Clay Pots 1-3 pm. Paint a terra cotta pot with a friendly face or a fun color-blocked pattern. Buy the jar, and the supplies to decorate it will be provided.
- March 10: MAKEbreak Spring Wreath 1-3 pm. This wreath project is perfect for that tricky Easter-to-spring transition. Buy the wreath base, and the rest of the supplies to decorate it will be provided
- March 17: MAKEbreak Bunny Tail Clay Pot 1-3 pm. Decorate a cute clay pot, then make a fluffy yarn bunny tail to peek out of the top. Buy the clay pot and the rest of the supplies to complete project will be provided.
- March 24: MAKEbreak Egg Decorating 1-3 pm. It’s our favorite Easter tradition! Bring the whole family to decorate eggs. Buy any egg in store and the rest of your supplies are provided.
- March 31: MAKEbreak Easter Slime 1-3 pm. Customize slime to fill cute Easter containers. All supplies will be provided, including pre-made slime.
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?