Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and Family Craft Time that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids. Check to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required. The cost is $2 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Some classes are suited for ages 6+ and the cost is $5. Kids Club classes run from 10 a.m. – noon, please check event details for pricing and age restrictions. Michaels is also offering Camp Creativity, where they offer a fun, new project every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for seven weeks during summer break. Camp Creativity runs June 11-July 27, 10am-noon.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Michaels on Eastern and Silverado Ranch, the full calendar is here. Please check your local store for store-specific schedule.
Kids Club Crafts
- March 23: Gnome Sweet Gnome
- March 30: Egg-stra Fun
- April 6: Carrot Craft
- April 13: Funny Bunnies
- April 20: Fuzzy Little Lambs
MAKEbreak Events may require purchase of supplies, and prices vary with each project. These classes are 1pm-3pm.
- March 30: Bunny Tail Clay Pots
- April 6: Peeps T-shirt
- April 13: Ear-resistable Easter Slime- Buy and decorate the jar, they provide the pre-made slime.
- April 20: Egg-cellent Banner
- April 27: Tie Dye T-shirt
- May 4: 3D Family Portrait
- May 11: Mother’s Day Jewelry Holder
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- 10 Best Free and Cheap Things to do with Kids in Las Vegas
- Seaquest Interactive Aquarium Savings