*Due to proactive efforts to contain the spread of coronavirus, certain events/promotions may be cancelled-sometimes at the last minute. We make every effort to make sure everything on Vegas Living on the Cheap is 100% accurate. Please double-check that the event is still on, before you head out!
Social distancing is important right now as many cities are shutting down to prevent the spread of the virus. Please forego your date nights as of now and opt for virtual entertainment, free workouts at home and Food Delivery Deals for National Restaurant Chains.
Who isn’t looking for ideas for cheap date nights in Las Vegas? Las Vegas can be a pretty fun city to wine and dine in, but if your not careful, you’ll break the bank. I can’t even count the number of times my husband and I have gone out for a simple date night and spent well over $100. It’s something that just happens, unless you prepare for it. Here are the 10 best cheap date nights in Las Vegas, to help keep some cheddar in your wallets. You don’t have to blow the bank to have a good time.
Cheap Date Nights Las Vegas Strip and Downtown
- Eiffel Tower Experience– One of the most romantic destinations in Las Vegas is the Eiffel Tower, located at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino. Take a glass elevator ride up 46 stories and get awe inspiring 360 degree views of the Strip. The Eiffel Tower is a one half scale replica of the original in Paris, France and features a fine dining restaurant located on the 11th floor. Plan your trip near the half hour mark and watch the Bellagio fountains. They are open daily from 10am-1am. Tickets are $16 per person until 7pm, then $22. They offer a Family of 4 discount for $12.49 ea ticket as well as youth rates, you can purchase tickets here.
- Stratosphere Observation Deck– For only $20, and just $5 for hotel guests, you can experience the Strip and Las Vegas Valley from the tallest freestanding tower in the U.S. Voted Best Views of the City year after year, and a romantic cheap date night, the observation deck hovers 1149 feet above the hustle and bustle of the Strip. It features and indoor observation deck, an outdoor deck with four exhilarating thrill rides, and if you work up a thirst or just need some courage, visit Airbar on Level 108 for amazing views and cocktails. Hours are 10am-1am Sunday-Thursday and Friday and Saturday 10am-2am. Located at the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel and Tower.
- The High Roller– The world’s tallest observation wheel is located at the end of the Linq’s Promenade. Towering 550 ft above the Strip, enjoy 360 degree views of the entire Las Vegas valley on your date night in one of their 28 spacious cabins. One revolution takes approximately 30 minutes and can be in a standard cabin or a Happy Half Hour cabin with an open bar and bartender. Daytime tickets run $22-$35 for happy hour and nighttime tickets run $32-$47 for happy hour which is available from noon to 1am only. Buy your tickets online to save $3-$5 per ticket and visit their website for more information on Summer discounts for families, as well as discounts for locals, military, seniors and rewards members. Check out our post all about the High Roller here. (3535 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89109)
- Downtown Container Park– The Container Park has something for everyone. They have shopping and dining, but offer plenty of cheap date worthy entertainment also. They feature FREE live music every weekend as well as free family movie nights in the spring, summer and fall. Check the calendar for show and movie dates and times. You can read more about what’s happening at the Container Park here. Another option is the Dome. This is a 4K visual dome entertainment experience featuring 360 degree imagery while you lounge in one of their 25 reclining movie seats. There are shows for all age ranges and tickets run from $10.50 -$16.50 for a standard seat, as well as an all-day pass for $26.50 where you can see every show they offer in one day. Or you can book dinner and a show for around $26.50 per person. Not bad for a meal and a show. If you’re looking for an impressive, unique date night, this will surely fit the bill. For more information, tickets, and show schedule, visit lvdome.com . The Container Park is 21 and over after 9pm. (707 Fremont Street Las Vegas, NV 89101)
- Slotzilla Zip Line– Also located downtown at the Fremont Street Experience is the high-flying Slotzilla Zip Line. If you and your date are up for a thrill, you want to check this out. Slotzilla is a 12-story slot machine inspired zip line that towers over Fremont Street. Flyers are positioned “super hero style”, facing down, where you can watch the Fremont Street party as you zoom past at over 40 mph. They offer two options to fly. The first option, the Zip line, is 77ft up and takes you halfway down the Fremont Street Experience for $25. If you want to splurge, you can opt for the $45, more than 10 stories high(114ft) Zoom line that will fly you all the way down Fremont Street to the historic Golden Gate. You can save $5 on your ticket by flying before 6pm. Hours are Sunday-Thursday 1pm-1am, and Friday and Saturday 1pm-2am. Tickets can be purchased in advance here.
- Visit the Neon Museum– You can experience the magicday or night, however, night tours feature the fabulous neon of our 11 restored signs, and our beautifully and dramatically lit un-restored signs. The Neon Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas signs for educational, historic, arts and cultural enrichment. It includes the outdoor exhibition space known as the Neon Boneyard, a visitors’ center and the Neon Boneyard North Gallery which houses additional rescued signs and is available for weddings, special events, photo shoots and educational programs. Tickets range from $22- $42, save money reserving online. Check availability on the tickets page before purchase. General admission runs 9am-7pm on most days. (770 Las Vegas Boulevard North, Las Vegas, NV 89101)
Cheap Date Night Ideas in Las Vegas off the Strip
- KISS by Monster Mini Golf– If you’re into KISS, this is sure to entertain. Located inside the Rio All-Suites Hotel and Casino, this 18 hole miniature golf course houses a live DJ spinning KISS tunes, glow-in-the-dark design as well as KISS memorabilia. You can also enjoy arcade games, a special event room, a colossal sized KISS and rock ‘n roll gift shop, as well as a rock ‘n roll wedding chapel featuring KISS themed wedding packages. Open daily 10am-midnight, it’s free to enter and $11.95 to play. Only $9.95 for NV locals with ID. They are also listed on Groupon with the deal expiring 180 days from purchase. The Rio offers a free shuttle to/from Bally’s & Harrah’s also. (3700 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89103)
- Ice Skating– Feeling the need to cool off from the Vegas heat? Take your date Ice Skating at one of these rinks. The Las Vegas Ice Center is located on the west side of the city, approximately 20 minutes off the Strip. For a mere $10, which includes skates, you can get out of the heat and cruise around the rink during public skate hours. Kids 5 and under are just $6. Receive a $2 discount if you bring your own skates. (9295 W. Flamingo Road Ste. 130 Las Vegas, NV 89147) If your on the North side of the city, try the SoBe Ice Arena inside Fiesta Rancho Hotel & Casino. Said to be the coolest place to ice skate, rates are $7 + $3 for skate rental, or on Sundays, $7 includes skate rental. Find their public skate schedule here. (2400 N Rancho Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89130) If it’s holiday season, I would recommend heading to the Ice Rink located at the Cosmopolitan. Here, the Boulevard Pool is transformed into a outdoor skating rink, and features holiday inspired food and beverages. You can even roast your own s’mores. Admission is $20 and includes skates and $10 for locals and hotel guests Monday-Thursday. (3708 S. Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89109)
- Laser Tag– Laser Quest Las Vegas is located in Summerlin and offers plenty of fun and excitement for your cheap date night. The hours vary from day to day and prices vary from a single game for $8.50 to $20 to ‘play all day’ from 1pm-6pm. They offer lots of events on different days so be sure to check out their schedule here and plan your visit. Battle Blast Laser Tag is also on the west side of the city and features a multi level arena that will make you feel like you’re walking into your own video game. Their pricing runs from $8.50 for a single game to $20 all you can play wristbands. Regular hours are Monday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, Friday 4pm-midnight, Saturday 10am-midnight and Sunday 10am-8pm. They offer special pricing and hours for school breaks and holidays as well as a different theme each week so you can dress as your favorite characters, so be sure to check the calendar before you go. (8125 W. Sahara Suite #200 Las Vegas, NV 89117)
- Drive-in Movie– Las Vegas is host to a West Wind all digital Drive-In. Located on the north side of town, West Wind has been family owned and operated since 1952. Featuring all the latest movies, and running double features, this is a great idea for a date or for a fun family night as well. General admission tickets are $7.50 for 12 and up, kids ticket prices are $1.25 ages 5-11, and all kids 4 and under are free. Tuesdays are Family Fun night, with general admission dropping to $5.25 per person ages 12 and up. Visit their website for a full list of showtimes.
I hope you have enjoyed our list. Check out our other great posts for cheap date nights in Las Vegas such as Discount movies at Cinemark on Tuesdays, Best Happy Hours around Town, and the Best Free or Cheap Things to do in Las Vegas.
Please feel free to leave your own cheap date night ideas below in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe with your email to receive more of Vegas Living on the Cheap. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.