Get ready! The Target Car seat trade-in returns to all Target stores April 16-29, 2023.
If you’re in the market for a new car seat–or have a pregnant person in your life who is–you can save money on the purchase of a new car seat.
When you bring your used or expired car seat to your local Target, you’ll get a coupon for 20% off a new car seat, stroller or select baby gear.
How to Trade-in your Car Seat
- Step 1- Bring an old car seat or base to a nearby Target and drop it in the designated box inside the store.
- Step 2- Open your Target App to scan the code on the box. Talk to a Team Member in Guest Services if you need help.
- Step 3- Open your Wallet in the Target App and view “Extra offers” to find your coupon + more contactless savings.
- Step 4- Click the red “+” to save the offer and place your order online, or scan your barcode at the register.
Target will accept all kinds of car seats for this trade-in event. This includes:
- infant car seats
- convertible car seats
- car seat bases
- harness or booster car seats
- expired car seats
- damaged car seats
Materials from the old car seats will be recycled by Target’s partner, Waste Management.
Car seats can only be traded in at a Target store. Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the trade-in and receive a coupon. You’ll need to use that coupon at Target by May 13, 2023.
Target is always looking to supply its customers with products and experiences that are good for them, their families and the planet. And they are making it easy to have a positive impact on the environment through trade-in programs.
Since starting this car seat recycling program in 2016, Target says it has recycled more than 2 million car seats. Also, the program has helped to recycle nearly 33 million pounds of car seat materials.
Looking for fun things to do with the kiddos? Check out our Kid-Friendly category for lots of free and cheap. ideas.
You can get daily email updates of all the free and cheap events, plus deals and discounts on entertainment and dining, by subscribing to our newsletter. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Leave a Reply