Dignity Health- St. Rose Hospitals are more than just your local emergency room. Many people don’t know that they offer a wide variety of free or low-cost wellness nutrition, fitness, and health classes and screenings at three convenient locations.
They are supported by The WomensCare/Outreach Centers to help improve the health of the women, men, and children in southern Nevada since 1998. These three Dignity Health Outreach Centers offer over 4,000 classes every year reaching 80,000 residents with programs that cover topics such as Disease Management & Prevention, Fitness, Nutrition, Meditation, Pregnancy & Childbirth, Screenings & Immunizations, and much more. Here are just a few of the classes they offer:
- FIT4MOM is the nation’s leading prenatal and postnatal fitness program, providing fitness classes and a network of moms to support every stage of motherhood. 10 classes for $110. You can register for classes here. 10am-11am, GV location
- Prenatal Yoga-Mondays 4pm-5pm, $3 per class or $20 for 8 sessions. GV and West
- Mommy and Baby Yoga- Mondays 3pm-4pm, $3 per class or $20/8. GV and West
- Car Seat Safety Checks- $10, days vary please check calendar, and you must schedule an appointment.
- Baby Weigh Stations- FREE– No appointment necessary. GV, West, Henderson
- New Mommy Mixer- FREE– Mondays (Henderson)11am-noon, Wednesdays (West) 11am-noon, Fridays (GV) 11am-noon.
- Infant Development-Playgroup for babies up to 1- FREE– Mondays 2pm-3pm, GV.
- Toddler Play Group- FREE– Tuesdays (GV) noon-12:45pm, (West) 3pm-4pm.
- Sing and Sign: Food Time- Newborn to 2yrs.- FREE– Tuesdays (GV) 2-2:30pm, Thursdays (West) specific dates 1-1:30pm, Fridays (Henderson) specific dates 11:30am-noon.
- Toddlers in the Kitchen- Ages 1 to 4- FREE– Thursdays (check for dates) 11am-noon. Henderson
- Fresh Start: Pre-K Ready!- FREE– Thursdays (check for dates) 10am-11am. Henderson
- Zumba Kids, Jr.- Ages 4-6- FREE– Tuesdays (GV) 1pm-2pm, Wednesdays (West) 3:15-4:15pm, Thursdays (Henderson) 4pm-5pm.
The Green Valley location is located at 2651 Paseo Verde Parkway, Suite 180. The West location is located at 7220 S. Cimarron Road, Suite 195. The Henderson location is located at the Rose de Lima Campus, 98 E. Lake Mead Parkway, Suite 301. You can register for events and check out all of their class offerings here.
Dignity Health also offers three new wellness centers with their own list of classes you can find here. Their new locations are Blue Diamond(4855 Blue Diamond Rd, Suite 220), West Flamingo (9880 W. Flamingo Road, Suite 220), and North Las Vegas (1550 W. Craig Road, Suite 250).
Every fall Dignity Health sponsors the Rose Regatta out at Lake Las Vegas. Dragon boat racers and sponsors pull together to raise money in support of R.E.D. (Responsible Early Detection)Rose Program. This program provides diagnostic services for breast cancer, and other aid, to women and men in southern Nevada.
It’s an annual, two-day event happening Saturday, October 12th and Sunday, October 13th at the Lake Las Vegas Marina in Henderson. Typically 60 to 72 teams compete, each boat has a drummer, 14-20 paddlers, and a steersman. This festival has something for everyone with boat races, live music, and food!
Check out all of the FREE and cheap classes they offer and their Rose Regatta, happening this fall.
Check out some other great events on our calendar here and plan ahead. You can get free daily email updates of all the free and cheap events, plus deals and discounts on entertainment and dining, by subscribing to our daily newsletter. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.