Do you have any little caped crusaders running around? Kids that play superheroes all day long?
Don’t miss Superhero Day at DISCOVERY Children’s Museum, this Saturday, July 25th. It will feature ongoing activities such as Superhero Masks Making, Cape Making, Create a Custom Shield, Superhero Cuffs, Exploring Nanotechnology, Superhero Puppet making and more. In addition, children and families will have the opportunity to enjoy additional programming such as discovering the science behind superhero powers, compare and contrast ancients forms of communication, “Super” interactive story time and much more.
Discovery Children’s Museum is excited to reopen to the public and is taking the following precautions to ensure the Museum remains a safe, clean, and healthy place for everyone to play and learn.
- Disinfecting throughout the day; exhibits that cannot be easily disinfected (sand) have been removed.
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitizing will take place after hours with electrostatic spray disinfection (backpack fogger)
- Allowing a maximum of 175 guests inside our 26,000 square feet of Museum galleries
- Online ticket purchases will be available and encouraged.
- A limited number of walk-in reservations will be held each hour
- Before entering the Museum, all staff and visitors must have their temperature scanned.
- Wearing a face covering will be required for all individuals aged two (2) years and older, including both visitors and DCM employees- visitors are encouraged to bring their own face coverings.
- Disposable face coverings will also be available at no charge with admission, and washable face coverings will be for sale in the DISCOVERY Store.
You can view their entire list of health and safety precautions here.
In addition, costumed characters from the Las Vegas Avengers will be on-site to interact with visitors and pose for photographs! Wear your favorite Superhero costume, or make your own! A Superhero Cape Workshop will be available for $5 for members and $10 for general admission. The museum is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. General admission ages 1+ is $14.50, NV residents is $12.50. DISCOVERY Children’s Museum Members and children under 1 are FREE.
Learn all about 3D printing. Kids can select a Superhero sample model of their choice to print and take home! $6.00 General Admission or $3.00 Members. Recommended for ages 8 and up. Last year my kids chose Superhero keychains and they still play with them.
The museum is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. General admission ages 1+ is $14.50, NV residents is $12.50. DISCOVERY Children’s Museum Members and children under 1 are FREE. Memberships start at $85 annual- for two visitors. See all of the membership options available here.
Discovery Children’s Museum is located at 360 Promenade Place, 89106. You may want to also note, if you’re a Bank of America member, Discovery Children’s Museum participates in the Museums on Us program. Read this post for more information: