Rail Explorers: Las Vegas comes to the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Boulder City. Get outside and enjoy family fun for everyone!
Rail Explorers operations began on July 3, 2015 in New York’s Adirondacks and the response was extraordinary. Since that day more than 100,000 people have enjoyed Rail Explores tours in the Adirondacks, Delaware, Rhode Island, Las Vegas and New York’s Catskill Mountains.
The Las Vegas Division offers an exciting tour which combines our pedal powered explorers and a ride on a historic train!
LAS VEGAS TOURS:
- ‘The Southwest Ramble‘ – is an exhilarating 4 mile downhill pedal powered ride from the station to the park at Railroad Pass. Bring a snack and a drink to enjoy during the 30 minute break at our rail-side picnic area. Then, enjoy a ride back to the top of the hill in one of the Museum’s historic trains (included in ticket price). Please allow 1.5 hours for this tour, including check-in, railbike ride, and return to the station via train.
- ‘Sunset Railbike Ride’ – The Sunset Tour is a spectacular ride from the Nevada State Railroad Museum to Railroad Pass. Coast downhill under the vast desert sky in the cool of the evening as the sun sets behind the River Mountains. Please allow 1.5 hours for this tour, including check-in, railbike ride, and return to the station via train.
- ‘Evening Lantern Ride’ – Enjoy the Southwest Ramble in the cool of the evening, the surrounding desert lit by the moon and stars. A romantic, lantern lit ride and a one of a kind experience. Please allow 1.5 hours for this tour, including check-in, railbike ride, and return to the station via train.
Pedal powered rail vehicles date back to at least the 1850’s, when maintenance workers used hand-cars and ‘rail bikes’ to travel along the tracks. They were used to transport crew and materials for track inspection and repairs. Choose between a two-seater or four-seater quad Explorer.
Southwest Ramble Tour Pricing (includes train ride and museum entry):
- Tandem Explorer: (two riders @ $42.50pp) $85
- Quad Explorer: (up to four riders @ $37.50pp) $150
- Single VIP seat next to a tour guide is $45
- 10% discount for bookings of 10 or more (conditions apply)
NEVADA RESIDENTS RECEIVE ‘LOCALS DISCOUNT’ Present your Nevada State ID and get 10% off!
Pedal your own Rail Explorer down the tracks and enjoy some outdoor fun for all! Rail Explorers: Las Vegas Division bookings are now open. Book your tour now!
Free parking and check in for all tours at Nevada Southern Railway, 601 Yucca St, Boulder City, NV.
You can get free daily email updates of all the free and cheap events, plus deals and discounts on entertainment and dining, by subscribing to our daily newsletter on the right. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Check out these other great posts: