With testing increasing in the Las Vegas valley, there are lots of testing sites available to the public. Some require appointments, some will not. Some sites also ask that only patients with symptoms get tested and other sites are testing anyone. Please check all links and be sure that you have an appointment if needed.
Please be advised that you must check the links for each testing site for appointment information. These sites may change location and times without notice, so be sure to check the information at the link.
Other testing sites open
There are currently 11 Walmart Pharmacy drive-thru testing sites in the Las Vegas area open to the community at Walmart stores drive-thru windows located in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Clark County. The sites will test adults who meet CDC guidelines and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms and those in high-risk groups without symptoms.
The 11 sites are supported by Walmart, Quest Diagnostics and state and local officials. You will need a prescription request from your doctor or qualify per the CDC guidelines to get an observed self-collection COVID-19 test at one of these locations. You may also get a COVID-19 test if you have a special request from your health plan. Please contact your doctor or health plan for more information. To learn more visit www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com. Some out of pocket fees might apply based on your insurance. Please note, testing is not available inside Walmart stores. Please see a map of testing locations here.
General Public Drive-Thru Testing Site Details
Beginning Monday, May 18, the following sites will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays weekly from 7 to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
- Clark County- 2310 E. Serene Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89123
- Las Vegas- 10440 W. Cheyenne Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89129
- N. Las Vegas- 807 W. Craig Road, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- N. Las Vegas- 6464 N. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89131
- N. Las Vegas- 3950 W. Lake Mead Blvd., North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Beginning Tuesday, May 19, the following site will be open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays weekly from 7 to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
- Las Vegas- 7200 Arroyo Crossing Pkwy., Las Vegas, NV 89113
- Las Vegas- 3041 N. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89108
Additional testing Information
- Testing is for adults who meet CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms and those in high-risk groups without symptoms.
- Individuals must be 18 years and older.
- The testing sites will require an appointment through Quest’s MyQuest online portal and app, which will screen and schedule appointments for those individuals that meet medical eligibility for the testing sites.
- Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test sites are not available to those who walk up.
- The sites will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health.
- Any questions regarding testing and appointments, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
- Individuals tested who are awaiting results should follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to other people.\
A calendar of testing events sponsored by the health district is available in English and Spanish on its website at www.SNHD.info/covid. The state of Nevada also has a COVID-19 test locator tool on its website at www.healthresponse.nv.gov that lists labs, pharmacies and other testing resources.
Patients receive test results from the provider that performed their COVID-19 test. All results, positive or negative, are reported to the health district. Officials are working to increase contact tracing and disease investigation efforts, following up with patients who test positive for the virus and their contacts.
Southern NV Health District testing sites
- UNLV Thomas & Mack Center -Offering Walk-Up Testing 8am-4pm, Tuesday-Saturday. Located at Strip View Pavilion, located on the northwest side of the Thomas & Mack Center off Tropicana Avenue and University Drive. Appointments are recommended but not necessary. Visit umcsn.com and selecting the public option.
- Texas Station Hotel & Casino Parking garage– Drive-Thru testing, 6am-2pm each day. There also will be walk-up testing; no appointments are needed. Identification and a telephone number for each individual are required. Results will be telephoned to each individual (parent or guardian for minors) within a week or sent via secure email. The testing is free and open to everyone, including children. (2101 Texas Star Ln, North Las Vegas)
- Southern Nevada Health District– Southern Nevada Health District and Southern Nevada Community Health Center are offering free testing at the Health District’s main location. This is not a drive-thru testing event, and you must register. (280 S. Decatur Blvd.)
- Cashman Center– Free walk-up testing will be offered at Cashman Center. This site is in partnership with University Medical Center (UMC). Appointments are recommended but not necessary. (850 N. Las Vegas Blvd.)
- Heritage Park Senior Facility– Free Walk up testing is by appointment only on September 4, and September 11 from 8am-1pm at the Heritage Park Senior Center, located at 300 S. Racetrack Rd. If you are experiencing symptoms, the Heritage Park Senior Facility location will have a separate entry and exit to the facility to minimize exposure for non-symptomatic patients. Register for the Walk-Up Test Heritage Park Senior Facility Test Here.
- All Saints Episcopal Church– Southern Nevada Health District and Southern Nevada Community Health Center are offering free testing at the All Saints Episcopal Church. This is not a drive-thru testing event. Pre-registration is required for this location. Visit www.snhd.info/get-tested/asec to choose an available date and time. (4201 W. Washington Ave.)
- Boulder City Fire Department– offer free testing by appointment on Tuesday mornings from 8 until 11 a.m. To obtain free testing, patients must provide a name, address and contact information; must be a Boulder City resident; and must have an appointment in advance. Call (702) 293-9256 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to make an appointment. Staffing dependent. (1101 Elm St.)
Check this calendar for more testing sites and events sponsored by the Southern Nevada Health District or its community partners. Events held by private health care providers and companies are not displayed on this site. Please check all links, as testing sites are sometimes moved or full on short notice.
More Testing Sites
- Henderson Walmart– Appointment-Only, Drive-Thru Testing 7am-9am, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Testing with no out-of-pocket cost is available to adults who meet CDC guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms. Visit www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com to see if you are eligible to be tested and to schedule an appointment.
- CareNow Urgent Care– Various locations are offering testing. Visit the website for more information.
- CVS Pharmacy– Various CVS Pharmacy store locations are offering testing. For information and locations, visit the CVS Health website.
- Walgreens- Offering drive-thru testing at select locations in partnership with the PWNHealth provider network. Testing is free to eligible individuals who meet criteria established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and federal guidelines. At the testing locations, Walgreens pharmacists oversee patients’ self-administration of the test.
So, if you or anyone you know is having symptoms that require testing according to CDC guidelines, these drive-thru testing sites are open for you. Stay safe Vegas!