Since you can’t go to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth, we’re bringing the magic right here to DISCOVERY!
Don’t miss the Happiest Day on Earth at DISCOVERY Children’s Museum, this Saturday, August 8th, from 10am-5pm. Dress up in your favorite princess dresses or Disney character outfits and spend the happiest day creating mouse ears, listening to story time fairytales and going on a scavenger hunt for hidden mice.
It will feature ongoing activities such as Wand and Sword Design, Crown and Pendant Creations, a Hidden Mouse Scavenger Hunt and more! In addition, children and families will have the opportunity to enjoy additional programming such as discovering the science behind animation and production, take a look into coding like WALL-E, a classic Disney story time and much more.
In addition, costumed characters from the Las Vegas Avengers Princess Squad will be on-site to interact with visitors and pose for photographs! Wear your favorite Disney costume, or just make your own! An Iconic Mouse Ear Workshop is also available. Let your creativity loose and design your own pair of magical mouse ears in our pop-up design lab! The cost is $10 General Admission Guests, $5 Members.
You can also learn all about 3D printing. Kids can select a sample model of their choice to print and take home! $6.00 General Admission or $3.00 Members. Recommended for ages 8 and up. Last year my kids chose Superhero keychains on Superhero Day, and they still play with them. 3D Print Lab times are 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30pm.
Discovery Children’s Museum is excited to reopen to the public and bring you the Happiest Day on Earth. They are taking the following precautions to ensure the Museum remains a safe, clean, and healthy place for everyone to play and learn.
- Disinfecting throughout the day; exhibits that cannot be easily disinfected (sand) have been removed.
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitizing will take place after hours with electrostatic spray disinfection (backpack fogger)
- Allowing a maximum of 175 guests inside our 26,000 square feet of Museum galleries
- Online ticket purchases will be available and encouraged.
- A limited number of walk-in reservations will be held each hour
- Before entering the Museum, all staff and visitors must have their temperature scanned.
- Wearing a face covering will be required for all individuals aged two (2) years and older, including both visitors and DCM employees- visitors are encouraged to bring their own face coverings.
- Disposable face coverings will also be available at no charge with admission, and washable face coverings will be for sale in the DISCOVERY Store.
You can view their entire list of health and safety precautions here.
The museum is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. General admission ages 1+ is $14.50, NV residents is $12.50. DISCOVERY Children’s Museum Members and children under 1 are FREE. Memberships start at $85 annual- for two visitors. See all of the membership options available here.
Discovery Children’s Museum is located at 360 Promenade Place, 89106. You may want to also note, if you’re a Bank of America member, Discovery Children’s Museum participates in the Museums on Us program. Read this post for more information: