Black History Month is an annual celebration across the country of achievements by African Americans and a time for recognizing the central role of blacks in U.S. history.
This year, the Springs Preserve is bringing the 12th annual Black History Month Celebration to YOU, virtually! Enjoy spectacular music and dance performances, fun and educational activities for kids, and captivating speakers and demonstrations for the whole family – all from the safety and comfort of your own home. It’s everything you look forward to each February at the Springs Preserve but in a brand-new and exciting way. This virtual event will run February 11-28, 2021.
The info below is from last year’s Festival in 2020. See our post about Black History Month Events around Vegas for more information.
Spend your day, Saturday, February 15th, 2020 at the Springs Preserve celebrating the many inspiring accomplishments and contributions of African Americans to our community with music, food and dance at the 11th annual Black History Month Festival.
Festival will run from 11am-5pm. This an event for the whole family that includes:
- Live bands and dance performances featuring Kiara Brown, City of Refuge Choir, Brandon Summers, Molodi, The Lique, Cameron Calloway and many more
- Vegas Golden Knights floor hockey clinic
- Children’s activities including face painting, carnival games, and arts & crafts
- Cooking demos with Vegas Roots Community Garden
- Soul food, cultural art and gift items for purchase
- Historic Black Las Vegas photo exhibit and Civil Rights-era photography
- “Obsidian & Neon: Celebrating Black Life and Identity in Las Vegas”, a photo-narrative exhibition
- “Black Art: Mission or Expression” speaker event moderated by Brent Holmes from Desert Companion starting at 2 p.m.
- And much more!
Tickets for the festival are as follows: Non-members: $6. Individual and Family members: $5. Bronze, Silver State Pass, Gold and Platinum members receive free admission. Free for children age 2 and under. Military discount available online with discount code and on-site (ID required.) No reservations are required, but this event may sell out, so they do recommend purchasing tickets in advance to avoid a sell-out risk.
You can check out all of our great events here and don’t forget to subscribe with your email to receive more of Vegas Living on the Cheap. For even more cheap fun, “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.